Forum Home > Administration > ADMS 2600 (3.00) - Human Resource Management

SamSahota
Administrator

Mark Layout:

Presentation : 15%

Midterm: 35%

Final: 50%

Le Course Description:

This course examines a number of issues in Canadian human resources management including: human resources planning, recruitment, selection, performance appraisal, industrial relations, and training and development. Prerequisite: AP/ADMS 1000 3.00 (students in the BAS/BHRM programs may take AP/ADMS 1000 3.00 concurrently with AP/ADMS/HRM 2600 3.00). Course credit exclusions: None. Prior TO FALL 2009: Prerequisite: AK/ADMS 1000 3.00 (students in the BAS/BHRM programs may take AK/ADMS 1000 3.00 concurrently with AK/ADMS 2600 3.00). Course credit exclusions: AK/ADMS 2600 3.00, AK/ADMS 3480 3.00 (prior to Summer 2001).

Personal Opinion:

The course examines a number of issues in Canadian human resources management including: human resources planning, recruitment, selection, performance appraisal, industrial relations, and training and development.

Even though I am majoring in Human Resource, I am honestly going to say that this course is boring. It is all common sense – so straight forward that you’ll wonder what you’re doing in the class. There are a LOT of terms and definitions that you have to know. The whole course is basically all about learning basic terms, which is pretty easy if you do your readings and pay attention in class.

The students in the class are what made the course interesting though. We were all pretty interactive in class discussions and we all shared our personal stories so that we could apply it to the material and help each other understand it better. The presentations were a little intimidating though. I am definitely not the type of person who gets nervous for presentations but since it was my first university presentation I had no idea what to expect. Luckily, the people placed in my group were a little older and had experience. They pretty much gave me confidence to do the presentation, and to tell you the truth it’s not that different than high school so don’t be nervous about the presentation!

I Recommend:

• For the presentation, be creative. My group spoke to the prof after we finished and she told us that the more entertaining and out of the ordinary the better.

• Do you readings! I know you might see that phrase a lot, but seriously, for this class really do them. It is a lot, but you really need it. You’ll understand once you see all the terms you have to know.

• Don’t miss a day of class for this course. There is bunches and bunches of terms you get introduced to every single class.

• Study really hard for the midterm and exam. REALLY HARD.

Le Professors:

• Indira Somwaru (Recommended) : She was really great – wrote down everything on the board and also provided notes online just in case you missed anything. She explains everything well and gets straight to the point and a fair marker. Great at answering your questions and her examples are amazing. Only thing though, her writing is a little bit small, that might get a little annoying.

July 30, 2011 at 9:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SamSahota
Administrator

August 4, 2011 at 9:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

SamSahota
Administrator

and yes, majoring in Human Resources !

August 4, 2011 at 9:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.